Best thing about cloth nappies? That depends on who you ask. There are lots of great reasons to love cloth. I asked some of our Facebook followers what their favourite things about cloth nappies were and here are their answers.
Best thing about cloth nappies
- They look and feel so much nicer!! Less environmental impact.
- Saves so much money! Plus my bin fills up so fast when we use 100% disposables.
- my older family members – corny but it totally gave us that bonding bridge between old and new. We had so many convos around it, how we were thankful we didn’t have to go boil the copper to wash them. It was amazing to learn what they did 30/40/50 years ago.
- The cost, I easily saved $2k+ over our cloth journey.
- OSFM – I didn’t need to change brands/sizes/numbers/colours – I just changed snap settings and forgot till the next time.
- Not having to spend money buying nappies all the time and less impact on the environment.
- They feel so much nicer! We had to travel out of town with 2 kids in nappies for a medical trip while the whole family had a cold so we felt it would be easier to use disposable for that trip. Both my husband and I couldn’t wait to get home and back into the cloth nappies. Cloth just feels so much nicer.
- We also had more leaks in the disposables than we do in our reusables.
- Not having to remember to buy nappies.
- The bin doesn’t stink, saves money, soooo cute.
- For me, it’s the feel-good factor. I love that I’m putting the best on my daughter and making an extra effort to care for the environment.
- Not having to race round to the shop/scrounge through the car, nappy bag etc looking for a nappy cos the packets empty and the child’s come down with a tummy bug, even if the nappies aren’t folded I can quickly grab bits out of a basket to make a usable nappy.
- Cute factor.
- Not sending nappies to landfill, I also feel like materials used are nicer for the skin.
Making the switch
If you’ve been on the fence about making the switch to cloth nappies, then now might be a good time to give them a go. Our trial packs are a great way to start. There is no one best thing about cloth nappies, there are lots of great reasons to give them a go. Why do you like using reusable nappies on your baby? Let us know in the comments or on Facebook.