What are OSFM nappies? You have probably come across this term when looking into cloth nappies, but what does it actually mean? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this type of nappy?
What are OSFM nappies?
OSFM stands for one size fits most. This means that these types of cloth nappies will fit most babies, no matter how young or old they are. There are different ways that nappies do this. Some will have snaps on the front that make the nappy smaller. Others have adjustable elastic at the legs or a certain way of being folded to make the nappy fit smaller children. The one size nappies used to be called OSFA or one size fits all. This tends not to be used now as there is not nappy that is a perfect fit for all babies.
Sized or one size cloth nappies
- OSFM nappies can be used on babies from tiny to toilet training.
- You do not need to buy a large number of different sizes.
- If you have more than one child in nappies, you can use the same ones.
- The nappies grow with your child so you always have ‘the next size’ to hand.
- Some toddlers will outgrow OSFM nappies before toilet training.
- They can be a little bulky on smaller babies.
- Many OSFM nappies do not fit well on newborn babies.
- Sized nappies are specifically designed for a certain size. They can sometimes give a better fit than OSFM.
Nappyneedz OSFM cloth nappies
At Nappyneedz we stock a range of OSFM cloth nappies. Our dinky nappies are OSFM and have extra snaps on the back to give an even better fit on tiny babies. We also have OSFM nappy covers and these are the same covers used in our OSFM set. Check out our full range of cloth nappies here. Let me know in the comments or on facebook wether you prefer sized or OSFM cloth nappies.