Using cloth nappies out and about needn’t be hard. Some people prefer to switch to disposables when away from home. You don’t have to do this though. Here are our tips for using cloth wherever you are.
Tips for cloth nappies out and about
- Take a few extra inserts, these can make good wipe up cloths or you can lay them in a cover/outer if you are low on nappies.
- Think about how long you are likely to be away from home and take a couple of extra changes.
- A small, fold up change mat means that you can be sure of having a clean surface to change your little on on.
- If you are using cloth wipes, either take them dry and wet when you change at a sink. Alternatively wet them before you leave home and store in a mini wet bag.
- Some people like to take a small spray bottle to wet wipes with.
- Zip up wet bags help to keep in odours, so that you can carry wet or dirty nappies home easily.
- Flushable liners are ideal for dealing with solid waste while out and about. You don’t have to bring it home with you.
- If you are unable to wash your hands, then a small bottle of hand santiser might be handy for your change bag.
- Keep a cloth nappy or two in the car, handy for emergencies or if you are away from home longer than expected.
- A small back pack, often works better as a change bag than most purpose built change bags. They usually work out cheaper too.
- If you are using cloth overnight away from home, consider flat nappies and covers. These are very easy to wash and dry quickly.
On the move
Using cloth away from home needn’t be complicated or difficult. It’s really down to personal choice as to whether you are happy to use cloth all the time or prefer to switch to disposables when out. It isn’t complicated, so don’t let the thought of sticking to cloth, put you off.
Please share your top tips for using cloth when not at home in the comments or on our facebook page.