Hanging out your washing on the line is one of the best ways to get it dry. It’s better for the environment, give’s it that lovely outside fresh feeling and it’s free. But when it comes to clothes pegs, what type should you use?
You’ve probably seen our photo of our dinky nappies hanging on the washing line? But have you ever noticed the clothes pegs that are holding them all in place? These are our lovely recycled plastic dolly pegs. Made right here in New Zealand from recycled plastic, they really are a good choice when it comes to choosing clothes pegs.
- Locally made.
- Use recycled plastic
- Hardwearing and durable.
- Simple push-on/pull-off design (great for weaker grips).
- Really strong (will hold washing in really wild and windy weather.
- They also make great toys for children who love to play with them.
- No metal parts to rust and mark your clothes.
- A great, environmentally friendly choice.
These aren’t the only pegs that we sell. We also make these smaller black pegs, that are great for thinner or finer items. They are also made in New Zealand and again from recycled plastic.
Hang out your washing with the right pegs
Over recent years, there’s been a lot of talk about the best clothes pegs to use. The older style plastic pegs with springs in them have fallen out of favour. Lots of people don’t want to use plastic anymore, I want to reduce the amount of plastic I use too. So why am I selling plastic clothes pegs, rather than the metal spring ones that have become popular?
- Our pegs are made from recycled plastic. If you send plastics to be recycled, then it only really helps if you use items made from that recycled plastic.
- These are very long-lasting, our first pegs are over ten years old and still going strong.
- They are made in NZ which cuts down on air miles and carbon from transport.
- Recycled plastic clothes pegs are a great choice for the environment.
So, what are you waiting for? The sun is shining, there’s a lovely breeze, grab some pegs and hang out your washing.