Holidaying with cloth nappies might seem like a crazy idea. Surely if you’re out and about, it would be easier and better to switch to disposables? There are some ways that you can keep using cloth while on your travels. here’s our guide.
Tips for holidaying with cloth nappies
- Choose one type of nappy and stick to it, make sure that it’s something simple and easy to use.
- Consider the washing and drying facilities that you’ll have.
- Flat nappies are a great choice as they are quick-drying and don’t take up much room.
- Choose a system that only needs a few outers, such as our OSFM covers.
- Wet bags are a great way of storing dirty nappies when out and about.
- Consider using disposables just when you need them. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. A disposable nappy might work better if you are on an aeroplane for example.
- Make it easy on yourself, consider what will be the least amount of work. It should be your holiday too!
- Cloth nappies make a great warm weather item of clothing, on hot days you don’t really need pants for your little one.
- Talk to friends and family. If you are visiting loved ones, find out if there are nappies you can borrow during your stay to cut down on luggage.
- Are you going somewhere hot? Cloth might be the best choice. Your little one is less likely to overheat in cloth nappies.
Using cloth during your break doesn’t have to be stressful. With a bit of planning it can all be easy and a great choice. I’d love to hear your experiences and top tips for using cloth when away from home. Feel free to share in a comment below or on our Facebook page.